Are there height restrictions?
Campers attending dirt bike camps, or taking the dirt bike elective on the senior camp must be aged 12 years or above AND a minimum height of 155cm (5’2″).
There are NO height restrictions on other activities at Mountain Trails. Activities will be tailored to accommodate individuals experience level.
How do I get there?
Mountain Trails is uniquely located within a picturesque valley in the Brindabella ranges. You will encounter a real wilderness experience away from the distractions of the city. Mountain Trails is approximately 1.5 hours from Canberra / or 50 mins from Yass.
‘Are we there yet?’
Mountain Trails is located 9kms down Doctors Flat road, access is from Wee Jasper Road.
All gravel roads are maintained and suited to normal traffic, including coaches. Many groups choose to arrange their own transport, but we can include this upon request.
Due to the patchy mobile coverage, we recommend using the map below to find us, rather than relying on Google maps or your GPS
Do you have a packing list?
For a comfortable and enjoyable stay we have put together a list of what to bring and what not to bring to camp.
Some things are not permitted on the Mountain Trails site so please be sure to read this list carefully.
What to bring
- Shirts with sleeves, long pants for horse riding, hiking and motorbikes (senior camp only). (Please ensure clothing is sun smart)
- Jumper (it can be cold at night)
- Warm clothes
- Closed in shoes for hiking and riding – closed in shoes are worn all the time
- Bed linen – sleeping bag, sheets, pillow, pillow slips, blankets, etc.
- Water bottle
- Old shoes and clothes and/or overalls for caving
- Clothes that can get stained for messy activities
- Plastic bag for dirty and/or wet clothes
- Sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
FOR DIRT BIKE CAMP – you must bring proper protective boots – normal sneakers/joggers are not sufficient. A hydration pack/camel back is highly recommended
What NOT to bring
- Any expensive items which may be “misplaced”
- Mobile phones (reception is non-existent or patchy), iPods, iPads, MP3 players or any device that can be connected to the internet. Campers have access to a land line phone should they need to contact parents/guardians during camp.
- Knives or other sharp and dangerous implements
- Matches or lighters
- Chewing or bubble gum
Mountain Trails does not take responsibility for items that go missing. Any restricted items that have been confiscated will not be returned until campers reach their drop off point at the end of the week.
What about safety?
Mountain Trails has Risk Management Plans for all our activities which can be made available on request. If you have any questions or concerns to do with safety, please contact us.
What does the average camp program look like?
View our sample camp program here